Pazartesi, Mayıs 28, 2012

ÇEŞME'NİN MEŞHUR SAKIZ REÇELİ

THE FAMOUS GUM MASTIC JAM OF ÇEŞME


 


Çeşme is a coastal town in Turkey’s Aegean Region. Çeşme is also part of İzmir (Smyrne) Province. There is a lot of mastic trees in Çeşme like Khios.



      This jam has been made by traditional ways for years and solds in the glass jars. 



          This jam also solds in Khios, Greek.








         ...and is delicious with Turkish coffee and a glass of cold water in summer days.



                       Have a great week!


                               xoxo

                             Monica

3 yorum:

  1. your china is gorgeous, monica! have a great week!

    YanıtlaSil
  2. I bet this jam is delicious. Love your photos of your beautiful dishes! New Follower.

    Jody

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Hi Monica,
    I'm Armenian and my family originated from Turkey years and years ago. Although we have kept a lot of our old traditions and foods, I have never heard of or tasted this jam! I'm and eager to try some! I've never been to Turkey myself, so next time any of my friends go back, I will definitely ask them to bring me back a jar!

    YanıtlaSil